|MLS #:||1008804||Living Area:||3417 sq'|
|Lot Size:||0.08 acres||Property Type:||Single Family|
Amenities: Saltwater View,Walk To Water,Walk to Salt Water
The Spring Street Inn is legal and licensed for eight rooms. Currently it is renting 6 rooms, 1 suite (Harborview Suite with bedroom, living room, large bath with Jacuzzi & private deck overlooking the town & harbor), and an owner’s quarters. Each guest accommodation has a flat screen cable TV, wifi and mini-fridge. The entire building is air conditioned with individual controls in each room. Off-street parking is available for each room.
The Inn is being sold turnkey and ready for the next owner to welcome guests immediately. Period appropriate furnishings and décor include:
- 3 Eldred Wheeler canopy queen beds – handcrafted reproductions of historic designs
- 3 Tempurpedic mattresses : 2 queen, 1 full
- A collection of 19th century Newport prints and an 18th century maps of Newport
Systems and updates include:
- 57 replacement windows for quiet and energy efficiency
- 4 circuit breaker panels, with a total of 56 circuit breakers
- up-to-date full sprinkler system, hard-wired smoke detectors, fire extinguishers
- Frigidaire Professional stainless steel kitchen appliances installed in 2011, including a 5 burner gas stove
Spring Street Inn has a three diamond AAA rating, excellent review by Fodor's and many good reviews on Tripadvisor.
Review from Fodors: "It's nearly impossible to find an appealing, centrally located accommodation in downtown Newport during the summer with rates starting under $200 nightly, but this B&B set inside a grand Second Empire mansion fits the bill. Rooms hark back to the building's architectural origins, each done with a smattering of Victorian antiques and floral-print bedding and wallpapers: the look is old-fashioned, but they're spotless and tasteful. That breakfast is extensive and filling. Pros: on a quiet but centrally located street; breakfast is terrific and afternoon snacks are included; easygoing hosts. Cons: some rooms are small; no TV in most rooms." (now flat screen cable TV in all rooms).